Visa Information

Foreign Visitors

If you live outside the USA (not USA citizens), and you want to WWOOF in the Hawaii, obtaining the correct visa is your responsibility. WWOOFing is not paid work or volunteering, and will not help you obtain a work visa or work permit. The United States has very strict labor and immigration laws, and requires travelers who are here to work or volunteer have a work visa. WWOOFing is an educational and cultural opportunity that gives people first hand knowledge of organic farming, through living and participating on an organic farm. Customs has even started giving people trouble who say they are WWOOFing, because some of them see WWOOFing as a work opportunity. In order to avoid misunderstandings with immigration officials, please explain to them that you are here to LEARN more about the United States sustainable and organic farming movement and the Hawaiian culture. Explain to them you are staying with a Farmer/Host who will be teaching you their farming practices. Most WWOOFers enter the USA using a tourist visa without an issue; however, it is your responsibility to determine the correct visa for your visit. If you say that you are coming to work or volunteer on a farm, and you don't have a work visa, they most likely WILL NOT LET YOU ENTER THE USA / HAWAII. We are not responsible for any problems you may experience with immigration, please make sure you understand the laws and clearly communicate your intentions. To read more about our governments requirements for visitors visas, please read this page from their website